Thursday, July 21, 2011

Goodbye Birkenhead

I feel like a bird that has just flown out of the cage....freeeedom! Finally I am out of boot camp

I was on my way to the train station when the agency rang me to offer me work from the 3rd August.  I said, "Well hang on' I've got work here in Birkenhead on that date".   "Oh!" she said, "that was cancelled last night".  As I write no-one yet knows why I was cancelled.  It is a mystery! And I am so happy, happy, happy!  What a relief!  The night before I was to leave, one of the family called in armed with laminated lists of rules to stick on various walls around the house.  "Jo, this has nothing to do with you OK.....it is for the benefit of future carers OK".  Right...I don't think.  My heart slid into my shoes when I saw all these rules.  My first thought was "I'm out of here....three weeks more and that's it".  So Halleluliah! .no more Birkenhead.  If I can survive that I can survive anything.  Even my dear old client in Cambridge, with double incontinence, aggressive behaviour, dementia and night disturbances was easier than this lady.  It is sad 'cause it could have been so much more pleasant.

So here I am with Scott and Emma, and have enjoyed the leafy surrounds of Epping Forest for a couple of days.  Am off to Durham tomorrow via bus....six and a half hours! Twice the time on the train but half the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment