Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mother Duck said...Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!

I have been so tired by the time bed time finally comes round I haven't had the creative energy to write anything. It is now Sat 9th July and as I write I keep getting a blog error coming up so goodness knows if this is going to complete. 

The neighbours across the road are at it again after another hot day so it looks like being another sleepless night.


Each day has been much the same, excruciatingly mundane; however, there was one bright spot this week when I went off to the park for a short break.  As I approached the park a mother duck waddled out with her four little ducklings.  She was trying to get back in through the fence but was too fat.  Another local lady had gone to the rescue but had a huge dalmation dog to contend with too....not a good combination with ducks. So it was left to me to try get mother duck back into the park.  No easy task!

After fruitless efforts trying to get back throught the fence she took off up the footpath with little ducklings falling over each other trying to keep up and headed straight across the road with kiddies in tow. So there was I on my eagerly looked forward to break holding up the traffic so mother duck could get across the road without being squished. Then it was round all the houses till she finally found her way back across the road again....this time I had to stop a bus which made the driver's day and with the help of a John Lennon speak guy and a young lad from the nearby garage we all finally get the family of five back into the park.....last seen waddling across the vast lawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment