Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tripping again

Biking wiith my cousin Jon
 Much has happened since I last wrote but since I have not been in much of a positive frame of mind I was not too motivated to write much.  However, as with all experiences, good or bad, we can choose to learn from them or not.  I learned a couple of things; one, that there are even more negative people around than I and; two, I need the social stimulation of other people around me.  I don't handle social isolation very well.  Maybe that is something I will have to deal with along the way.  Anyway, on a positive note I have a few pounds in the bank, so no gain without some pain.......alas!

Old friends with my cousin Jon centre 
Enjoyed time with old friends in Newcastle and as always reminiscing and laughing about the old days when we were young and daft.  Met my old aunt of 92 who is such an inspiration and still has all her marbles.  Such an encouragement when you hear so much about Alzheimer's disease.  You get to a stage of thinking it is an inevitable part of old age but happily it is not.  My cousin Jon took me on a long run on his Yamaha (he decided not to take me on his racing bike for a first run (thank you Jon). As he would say, it was hellish!


View from Carol's back door yesterday
Am currently at my sister's near Durham city.  The wind has been howling and screaming across the countryside here.  I think it is the tail end of hurricane Irene.  Hoping it will all blow over before Thursday when I head off to Scotland and John O' Groats.  I'm not too worried about the weather so long the Scottish mists behave and we can experience the glorious views of the Highlands.  We have six days to see as much as we can which doesn't seem much but I keep forgetting that it doesn't take long to travel anywhere in Britain.  I have to switch from my Oz time and distance mode of thinking.

Am looking forward to catching up with Dee tomorrow, who will be traveling with me, one of my work colleagues from last year.  Staying at St Chad's YHA in Durham tomorrow night, part of the Durham University campus.
St Chad's, YHA Durham

.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment